Like most planned communities, Ocean Pointe has a home improvement approval process. All and any exterior improvements made to your house or lot, no matter how small, must receive approval from the Design Review Committee prior to starting the project. The Design Review Committee (DRC) exists so that the Ocean Pointe Residential Community Association can remain a special place to live in Ewa Beach, Hawaii. Anyone wishing to make external changes to their property must meet the association requirements for modifications and submit an application before initiating work.
The DRC consists of a five-member panel. Three panel members are employees of the developer, Haseko, and two panel members are Ocean Pointe resident homeowners. The role of the Ocean Pointe Master Association is to assist the homeowner and present applications to the DRC for adjudication.
Home Improvement Process
1. Read the Design Guidelines
2. Submit a Design Review Application
Submit your application, along with any other required documentation, to the Ocean Pointe Community Center design specialist. Please allow a sufficient time period for your application to be reviewed. Incomplete information only delays your project.
3. Design Review Committee (DRC)
The DRC meets at the Ocean Pointe Community Center on the first Thursday of each month to review current applications. You will be contacted if the DRC has questions or if there are problems with your request. Please note that the DRC enforces community guidelines, but it is up to the homeowner to meet local permit requirements.
- Applications must be received by the Ocean Pointe design specialist no later than 3:00 PM Friday afternoon, the week before the scheduled Thursday meeting.
- DRC's approval of an application reflects its view for compliance within each subdivision's DG in terms of appearance.
- All decisions and discussions by the DRC regarding applications are made behind closed doors.
- Prior actions or an approval by the DRC does not guarantee approvals or consideration for any other later application.
- The Ocean Pointe master association is not authorized to approve homeowner DRC requests.
- If a quorum is not met for the DRC meeting, it will be rescheduled to the next scheduled Thursday.
4. Approval or Rejection
You will be notified of the approval or denial of your request in writing by our office. Initial notices are sent via email to the email address provided on your design application. Formal approval letters will be mailed to the address on the application. Receipt of a formal approval letter is an authorization to start work. If you have questions, please contact the Ocean Pointe Design Specialist at 808-689-7500.
DRC Meeting & Deadline Schedule
Meeting Day & Time
Deadline to Complete Application
January 10th, 2019 at 9:00 AM
January 4th, 2019 at 3:00 PM
February 7th, 2019 at 9:00 AM
February 1st, 2019 at 3:00 PM
March 7th, 2019 at 9:00 AM
March 1st, 2019 at 3:00 PM