1. Read the Architectural Guidelines
The Architectural Guidelines, as well as other legally binding documents, are provided to homeowners prior to closing on a house. The purpose of the Architectural Guide is to protect the architectural building and landscape integrity of each residential community.
2. Submit an Architectural Review Application
Submit your application, along with any other required documentation to the Ocean Pointe Community Center Design Specialist. Please allow a sufficient time period for your application to be reviewed. Incomplete information only delays your project.
3. Architectural Review Committee (ARC)
The ARC meets at the Ocean Pointe Community Center the first Thursday of each month to review current applications. You will be contacted if the ARC has questions or if there are problems with your request. Note - the ARC enforces community guidelines but it is up to the homeowner to meet local permit requirements.
- Applications must be received by the Ocean Pointe Design Specialist no later than 8 am Monday morning before the scheduled Thursday meeting.
- ARC's approval of an application reflects its view for compliance within each sub-division's AG in terms of appearance.
- All decisions and discussions by the ARC regarding applications are made behind closed doors.
- Prior actions or an approval by the ARC does not guarantee approvals or consideration for any other later application.
- The Ocean Pointe Master Association is not authorized to approve homeowner ARC requests.
- If a quorum is not met for the ARC meeting, it will be rescheduled to the next scheduled Thursday.
4. Approval or Rejection
You will be notified of the approval or denial of your request in writing by our office. Initial Notices are sent via email to the email address provided on your design application. Formal approval letters will be mailed to the address on the application. Receipt of a formal approval letter is an authorization to start work.
If you have questions, please contact the Ocean Pointe Architectural Specialist at (808) 689-7500.